Who We Are:
PAE is a pioneering mechanical and electrical engineering firm that continually sets the bar for sustainability in the built environment. From our offices in Portland, Eugene, Seattle, and San Francisco, we employ an integrated and responsive approach to project design that balances the environmental, economic, and social goals of every client we work with. PAE promotes a work environment that encourages creative problem-solving and the sharing of ideas through an open office environment and a culture of continuing education. Our portfolio includes more than 130 LEED rated or registered projects as well as dozens of projects that have either achieved or are pursuing the Living Building Challenge, Architecture 2030, Carbon Neutral, and Net Zero Energy / Net Zero Water status. A Triple Bottom Line firm, PAE’s success is measured not only by profit, but by our commitment to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
buy elimite Our Culture:
At PAE, we like to think of ourselves as a little bit different from most engineering firms. Here’s why:
- We care intensely about envisioning and creating sustainable building systems, and work every day to break new ground in the world of sustainable design.
- We have a closer affinity to the visions of the architects we work with than more engineers we’ve met. We understand the need for beauty as well as practicality.
- We value creativity as much as we value precision, which is to say, we value both a great deal.
- We understand that visionary people the people we want to hire need to experience the world in order to change the world, and we try very hard to support that need.
We are a firm that values and respects our staff, fosters an environment that encourages learning and growth, and is committed to the success of our clients.
Lead Mechanical Engineer, Fire Protection. The following job description is a general summary of duties typically performed in this position. It is not all-inclusive and is not an employment contract. PAE employees are expected to perform duties as assigned by management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Project team leadership and management
- Active participant in firm leadership and management
- Able to effectively communicate design options to a diverse stakeholder group
- Completes the project within the budget and schedule
- Extensive knowledge of engineering systems, codes, and other disciplines
- Provide training and development for staff
- Determine preliminary fire/domestic water requirements for various building types
- Evaluate water flow test results to determine if adequate pressure and flow is available or if fire pump is required
- Update master specifications and standards, and improve company processes
- Develops client relationships
- Specify appropriate fixed fire protection systems, i.e. automatic fire detection and suppression to support fire engineering design solutions
Key Competencies & Skills:
- Inspires and motivates staff
- Leads and manages projects successfully and profitably
- Serve as a technical resource for the company
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Limited AutoCad/Revit
- Engineering calculation and performance simulation software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering for discipline work.
- Knowledge of NFPA standards
- Requires a minimum of three-five years industry experience
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Commensurate with demonstrated skills and experience and to include a generous benefits package. Additional information about our highly-competitive benefits and additional company perks can be found at: http://pae-engineers.com/careers/benefits.
PAE Consulting Engineers, Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.